Now that I’m home, it’s time to do some reflection ;) So I have made a list of the things I missed most during my trip (not in any particular order):
- YOU, yes you, I missed you! (some more than others of course)
- Driving in my (parents’) car, turning on the music really loud and singing even louder. Then switching channels after the song ends to find an even better one.
- Water from the tap; since the water in Spain really tastes like a swimming pool, I have been drinking bottled water and the environmentalist that is buried within me is starting to protest.
- Belgian food; just plain potatoes, sausage and applesauce.
- A desk and chair (even though I spent most of my time in an office on a chair and behind a desk, I missed having one in my room, and so did my back …).
- Meatballs in tomato sauce for breakfast.
- Riding a bicycle. Although I wouldn’t say that I’m a big fan of riding bicycles, there is something to being able to take my bicycle and driving to the store.
- Going dancing!
- A normal crab salad or tuna salad; if you ask for tuna salad in Spain you basically just get tuna.