So, I have to admit … I have quite a potent odour when I sweat. I’ve been told it has something to do with the kind of bacteria that’s under your armpit.
As you can imagine, I’ve tried every anti-perspirant and deodorant you can think of. Medical grade, big brand, small brand, organic, highly chemical. And the only one I’ve found that does the trick well is my DIY deodorant.
I’ve tried many different recipes, but I always come back to … of course … the simplest one :-)
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix baking soda & coconut oil in a jar
- In order for you to mix it well the coconut oil needs to become liquid. You can put it in the microwave for a bit or put it over a candle, but I simply put it on my wall heater for a bit.
- Add the essential oils and start mixing. Mmmmm smells delicious!
It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes of mixing before it’s ready.
Minie's insider tips
- Start with the baking soda. That way you can use the same tablespoon for the coconut oil (= less dishes).
- I use a 740 Weck Mold Jar and just double the recipe so I have more.
- I find that a fork works best to mix everything together.
- If you make this in the morning, before you put on your deodorant then you can use the leftovers on the fork so as not to waste anything!